We are delighted that you wish to apply for a position at TRIMET.
You would like to apply for a job – we have the right tips for you
Firstly, we require the following documents:
- A cover letter stating the desired position, location, earliest possible starting date, qualifications, and reason for applying
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of certificates and references, including leaving certificate and trade proficiency certificate from the IHK (if trained in Germany), employment references, evidence of further training (where applicable)
The cover letter:
- Reference heading: it is not necessary to state “reference”
- Introduction: approx. two sentences directly addressing the contact person; reference can be made to an earlier meeting or phone call if applicable
- Main section: one or two paragraphs outlining your individual interest in TRIMET as well as your qualifications, motivation, and personal aims
- Conclusion: state that you are available to answer any questions that may arise and emphasize that you would welcome an invitation to interview
- Formal matters: provide a respectable e-mail address, bear in mind the profile of requirements set out in the job advertisement, do not exceed one side of A4, check the letter for spelling mistakes, give the letter a personal touch by adding a signature
- Be on time and plan sufficient time for your journey
- Try not to be too nervous during the interview. After all, you were invited for interview and have the necessary skills for the job
- Highlight your skills again during the course of the interview and ask questions that demonstrate your interest
- To leave a lasting good impression on the personnel manager, make sure you emphasize your interest in the job, thank them for the invitation to the interview, and find out when you can expect to hear from them
The most commonly asked questions by personnel managers:
- Why did you apply to work here?
- What is it that you particularly like about the company?
- What do you expect from us and the job?
- Tell us a little about yourself: what have been the important personal and professional milestones in your life?
- What experience do you possess to meet the requirements of the job?
- How do you envisage your daily working routine?
- What would you like to have achieved after five years in your new position?
- Which achievements and successes are you particularly proud of? What have been your biggest failures and what have you learnt from them?
- How do you organize your daily working routine?
- Have you applied for jobs elsewhere and had interviews for similar positions?