As every year – donations instead of gifts
For example, school principal Christel Kischkewitz, who was accompanied by school representative Almedina Meta and the two advisory council teachers Peter Czaplinski and Niclas Arenz, was delighted to receive a check for 5,000 euros from Jens Meinecke, Plant Manager at TRIMET Gelsenkirchen. The company, located near the port of Gelsenkirchen, a stone’s throw away from the Lessing Secondary School, chose the school for this year’s Christmas donation, as it is important for TRIMET to support institutions in the surrounding area.
After the presentation of the check, fruitful discussions took place on the possibilities for further cooperation, including plant visits and internships for pupils. The Lessing Secondary School intends to use the money to purchase various necessities for its lessons and schoolyard, which would not have been possible without the donation.
Other TRIMET donations were distributed to:
- Düsseldorf: Regenbogenland children’s hospice
- Essen: Raum 58 overnight lodging for young people in Essen
- Hamburg: Hände für Kinder e.V. short-term home for children and young people with disabilities
- Harzgerode: Projects and facilities for children and adolescents
- Voerde: Gänseblümchen-Voerde e.V. initiative to support children with cancer
- France: Restos du Cœur de Savoie – St Julien Mondenis, which distributes free meals to people in need each winter.
We would like to sincerely thank our partners who are supporting these charitable commitments by foregoing gifts.