TRIMET Aluminium SE follows the principle of sustainability as set out by the United Nations in its 17 sustainable development goals. Its business activities are derived from the following values and goals:
Responsible corporate management with economic, ecological and social dimensions
- Management with a strategic corporate goal: The company’s independence from financial markets gives it the freedom to create long-term growth and secure jobs.
- Measures aimed at environmental protection and mitigating climate change: Ecological sustainability increases the quality of the products and safeguards the competitiveness of the company and its customers.
- Guiding principle for occupational health and safety: Providing a safe working environment and protecting and promoting the health of our employees.
- Employees achieve the company’s success: The foundations for maximum commitment are laid by creating flat hierarchies and giving people a high degree of personal responsibility. The management philosophy promotes a focused, credible, and reliable approach to the work in a trusting environment.
- Competitive business model: Tailored aluminium products and services from one single source; marketable and innovative thanks to the combination of stock market expertise, production knowledge, and high-level research.
- Being a flexible, reliable partner to customers: A focus on meeting individual requirements, delivering at short notice, and ensuring reliability thanks to close proximity.
- A commitment to the location and to people: Training young employees, creating and maintaining jobs, and integrating people through vocational training and other forms of social commitment.
The 2019 Sustainability Report provides detailed information on TRIMET’s sustainable activities. Following the guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), the report details selected activities in the relevant fields and provides information on the key performance indicators.
TRIMET is a member of the Aluminium Stewardship Initiative (ASI). The ASI sets internationally recognized standards for the responsible production of aluminium in line with the requirements of ecological and social sustainability.
“TRIMET is delighted to be part of the Aluminium Stewardship Initiative. As an independent family-owned company with a long-term focus, we want to contribute to the future development of ASI standards, because we are convinced the ASI sets internationally recognized standards for taking a responsible approach to aluminium.”
Philipp Schlüter, CEO of TRIMET Aluminium SE