TRIMET’s headquarters are in Essen – the pearl of the Ruhr region. This is where we produce extrusion billets, rolling ingots, and primary die casting alloys for you every day in our foundry. Production embraces a wide range of dimensions and alloys, including high-gloss materials and special qualities produced in accordance with your specifications.
You want to find out more about the beating heart of our company – introducing our Essen plant
Know your project is in safe hands
Our traders, who market our products throughout the world, are also based in Essen. They work hand in hand with our experts in financing options to hedge risks, who are on hand to assist you with your project.
An overview of the Essen plant:
- 360 electrolytic furnaces in 3 production halls (PBPF cells in end-to-end configuration)
- 12 melting/holding furnaces (6 x 30 t, 6 x 15 t), gas-heated
- 12 casting furnaces (6 x 30 t, 6 x 15 t), induction-heated
- 4 melting/casting furnaces (4 x 50 t)
- 1 swarf furnace for the continuous and energy-efficient melting of processing swarf
- 7 vertical continuous casters
- 2 horizontal continuous casting lines
- 1 remelting ingot casters
- 1 fully automated ultrasonic testing unit for extrusion billets
- 1 continuous homogenization plant for billets
- 6 homogenizing chambers / 3 cooling chambers
- 165,000 metric tons of primary aluminium produced annually
- 300,000 metric tons of cast products produced annually
- 50,000 metric tons of scrap aluminium recycled annually
- In-house continuous casting line for research purposes to develop new alloys and optimize casting processes
- 750 employees, including 35 trainees
How to find us:
Sicherheit für unsere Nachbarn: Was tun bei einem Störfall?